What to expect on your tour during COVID-19
It is the goal of Wish Wish to do our best to ensure the safety of our drivers, all of our guests and all employees and guests at every winery, brewery, cidery and distillery that we visit every weekend. Here are our policies regarding touring during this unprecedented pandemic and a few guidelines, so you know what to expect.
Virginia Phase 2 guidelines
- All staff will be screened before each shift for symptoms.
- Your driver will greet you with a questionnaire in order to screen you and the other guests for symptoms of COVID-19. This questionnaire was adapted from the University of Virginia’s employee and hospital safe practices.
- Your driver may request your temperature be taken with a no-touch forehead thermometer.
- We respectfully ask all guests to wear a mask at all times while in the vehicle.
- Consumption of food is not allowed in the vehicles. However, picnics are encouraged.
- Wish Wish will provide hand sanitizer for guests to use liberally as needed.
- Many wineries are limiting the size of groups, and often require reservations. It is the customer’s responsibility to determine whether their group meets their chosen venue’s requirements.
- Check out our Tour Planner for a snapshot of venue policies.
- Only guests who are 21 or older are currently allowed.
- Your driver may prefer a gratuity paid via Venmo, Paypal, or other similar app instead of cash.
- Many venues are only able to offer outdoor accommodations, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather.
- You may consider bringing folding camping chairs for added comfort.
- Tastings and/or flights will likely not be available at your chosen venues, so be prepared to purchase a few bottles instead.
- We ask customers to limit the number of stops to 4 for groups of 6 or fewer, and up to 3 stops for groups of 7 or more.
- There is limited space in most vehicles, so social distancing will not be an option. Guests should only tour with whom they feel safe.
- To minimize our driver’s potential exposure to COVID-19, there may be a barrier between you and your driver.
- The front passenger seat of any vehicle will not be made available to guests.
- To keep you and your family safe and healthy during your Wish Wish tour, your driver has complied with the “Enhanced cleaning & disinfection guidelines for Wish Wish hosts”, paying special attention to disinfecting the following frequently touched “hot spots” (frequently touched surfaces).
- Exterior door handles & trunk latches
- Interior door handles
- Cup holder
- Seat belts
- Infotainment & temperature controls
- All other switches (seat & mirror adjust, windows, lights, turn signals, etc.)
- Air vents
- The driver may also clean surfaces of the vehicle while guests are enjoying a venue.
- We reserve the right to terminate any tour, at any time in the interest of customer safety, driver safety, vehicle safety, and/or federal/state/local laws
- This includes unwillingness to wear a mask, to comply with our requirements, or who may appear to demonstrate symptoms of COVID-19.